We've all experienced someone with bad breath and hopefully it's not our own! But hey! It happens. If you've been told you've got chronic bad breath, have no fear there are ways to overcome that doesn't involve a gas mask!
What causes bad breath? We're not talking your typical you ate a heavy garlic cream sauce on your pasta! This is chronic bad breath and there can be multiple culprits.
- Tobacco Use (may be time to quit)
- Dry Mouth (there isn't enough saliva to wash away excess food particles and bacteria)
- Infections (whether oral or elsewhere in your body)
- Conditions (Diabetes, repiratory issues, sinustis or bronchitis, liver or kidney problems)
- Dental cavities or gum disease
The best ways to improve your breath:
- Quit smoking
- Routine professional cleanings
- Excellent home care (brush twice a day, floss once a day, mouth wash)
- Xylitol products (excellent for people with diabetes but beneficial to every patient as it has bacteria fighting properties - gums, mints, oral spray, mouth rinse and toothpaste)
Research supports a link between lack of flossing and bad breath. In a study of more than 1,000 adults conducted in Kuwait, never using dental floss was significantly associated with reports of bad breath, as was infrequent tooth brushing, being or having been a smoker.
It will never cost less or hurt less than it does today!